Religions for Peaceis the world's largest and most representative multi-religious coalition advancing common action among the religious communities for peace. Headquartered in New York and accredited to the United Nations, Religions for Peace works through more than seventy inter-religious councils and groups, networks of religious youth and women of faith, and a World Council of religious leaders comprising the world’s largest and most representative coalition of religious communities.Religions for Peace creates effective multi-religious partnerships to transform violent conflict, eradicate poverty, promote just and harmonious societies, and protect the earth.
Religions for Peace strives toward diversity within its International Secretariat, reflecting its global nature. Candidates with the background and ability to contribute in meaningful ways toReligions for Peace’s continuing commitment to religious and cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences are encouraged to make application.
Religions for Peace is seeking an experienced professional to be Program Manager to assist in developing and implementing program strategies that achieve annual and long-term program goals and objectives.
- Assist in the management of Religions for Peace’s programs and development of new program initiatives.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of project coordination and implementation.
- Help to oversee and formulate program/project budget.
- Compile data/information and develop appropriate materials for dissemination of program outputs and outcomes.
- Facilitate and assist in development of capacity building resource materials such as toolkits, guide, training manuals, etc.
- Other duties as necessary.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Project management experience, including budget management, monitoring and reporting.
- Minimum of five years of project coordination and oversight experience in one of the following areas – conflict transformation and peacebuilding, human rights, health or climate change.
- Experience working within and/or engaging with religious communities.
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in computer application – Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- International experience a plus.
Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and any salary requirements to email@example.com, Religions for Peace, 777 UN Plaza, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10017. Please put “Program Manager” in your subject line to expedite processing.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: May 24, 2013
The Internship Program provides important practical work experience to those interested in gaining experience in multi-faith common action for peace. Internships are primarily for students at graduate level and those with undergraduate degrees but just beginning careers. The internship is intended to provide students with experience in an international and non-governmental organization setting. Our proximity to the United Nations Secretariat offer unparallel opportunities for students to attend lectures, panels, and roundtables as appropriate.
Click here to see all internship opportunities.